Re: lynx-dev Lynx and USE_MOUSE (lynx.cfg)

From: Frederic L. W. Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and USE_MOUSE (lynx.cfg)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 03:31:51 -0300 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Frederic L. W. Meunier wrote:
>What console?   Assuming you mean linux:
>It can work with ncurses on a linux console if and only if ncurses has
>been compiled with gpm support (pre-compiled binary libs usually aren't)
>and a gpm daemon is running.

Yes, Linux. The Midnight Commander file manager can be built with
ncurses/slang and gpmlib support too, but mouse support works without this
configure option if you use a terminal emulator like XTerm/rxvt.

Hmm. So, Lynx have mouse support if I use XTerm using ncurses or slang but
in the console... I'm not a developer, just a user, but adding a configure
options like the one in MC to link with gpmlib is good? Oh, I rarely use
console, it's not for me. But it would be nice.

>(pre-compiled binary libs usually aren't)
Yes, my ncurses isn't. I'm using RedHat 5.1 (ncurses 4.2). And I really
don't want to recompile ncurses for this. Too many applications depends on
a working lib.

Thanks.