Re: lynx-dev Lynx and USE_MOUSE (lynx.cfg)

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and USE_MOUSE (lynx.cfg)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:59:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Yes, Linux. The Midnight Commander file manager can be built with
> ncurses/slang and gpmlib support too, but mouse support works without this
> configure option if you use a terminal emulator like XTerm/rxvt.
>
> Hmm. So, Lynx have mouse support if I use XTerm using ncurses or slang but
> in the console... I'm not a developer, just a user, but adding a configure
> options like the one in MC to link with gpmlib is good? Oh, I rarely use
> console, it's not for me. But it would be nice.

It's optional because someone has been distributing a version of gpmlib
which has a piece of the BSD curses library linked with it - prevents
ncurses from linking correctly but works with slang.

(The inclusion of the wgetch from the BSD curses library had no good
justification afaik, since there were no applications which used that
feature).

> >(pre-compiled binary libs usually aren't)
> Yes, my ncurses isn't. I'm using RedHat 5.1 (ncurses 4.2). And I really
> don't want to recompile ncurses for this. Too many applications depends on
> a working lib.

that can be done without breaking the applications which are linked to ncurses

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden