Re: lynx-dev table formatting (possible) solution

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev table formatting (possible) solution
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:48:19 -0400 (EDT)

> In message <address@hidden>,
>            address@hidden writes:
> >  a little - we can make a two-pass renderer if someone figures out how
> >  to manage the resulting information.
>
> You don't strictly need a two pass renderer, though, do you?  Netscape
> and IE both managed to render tables without them for a long time, afaik.

hmm - whether you view two passes as "process the whole file in two passes", or
"do a depth-first traversal, one pass to 'work out the size' and one for
'rendering them silently'" is not much different in terms of the information
that's stored, except if you chose to render chunks and throw away the
status information (which NS & IE can't do).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden