Re: lynx-dev French messages file

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev French messages file
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 18:45:28 -0400

On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 06:32:25PM +0400, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 7-Jun-99 09:38 Webmaster Jim wrote:
> > I've updated the French messages file to be closer to the Lynx-2.8.2
> > distribution. It is in the po subdirectory at:
>
> > http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/po/
>
> I visit this page. Unfortunately, fr.po have no proper charset nor encoding
> information (I assume iso-8859-1 / 8bit as in de.po which labeled properly).
> Also, Japanese bz2 file could not be read properly since SLCC server
> serve it as text/plain by some unknown reason.

OK (bien?) I've added the charset and encoding copied from de.po. The
japanese file was donated by Henry, who may wish to comment on its
compression status.

One thing I noticed in testing is that links that are displayed with
"-more-" are not being translated to "-suite-" even though the strings
are there. Perhaps here in LYMainLoop.c:

LYMainLoop.c line 6163
        _user_message("-more- -index- %s",
                     *cp);
        else