Re: lynx-dev Re: About w3m (Yet another text mode browser)

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: About w3m (Yet another text mode browser)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:47:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

  I tried w3m. It's great for tables and frames, although some of them did
not display at all. For example, my web page did not display at all (my web
page is a fancy table, specially designed so that lynx renders as it should
look). See address at bottom. Other tables only displayed when scrolled
from bottom to top (e.g:
http://tercera.entelchile.net/diario/1999/06/07/PRIMERA_A.html)

  Of course there is a long way about how links are presented (everything
looked the same to me, a few boldface things).

  I think the browser is great, with a lot of improvements to come in the
future. It's true that lynx has a competition here. Between these two
browsers most of the web can be easily accesible to a text browser.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html