Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:30:46 -0400 (EDT)

> > It's not 100% ncurses (small relief).  I tried lynx with Solaris curses and
> > vi,
> > and get some odd behavior (using a mail link):
>
> Can you try with just textarea editing (whatever it's bound to for you,
> ^Ve or ^Xe if using Bash-like Bindings)?

ok (though I would expect it to be the same - I'm just getting back to lynx
now).

> The easiest way to prevent Bad Things from happening here is to
> disable the SIGTSTP handler in this situation (use SIG_DFL).
>
> Should it be (n)curses' job to do this (probably always while in
> 'shell' mode)?

If Lynx establishes its own SIGTSTP handler before initscr, then
ncurses won't (isn't supposed to).  It's simpler to just have one....

> Should lynx do this?
> (It could be put into LYSystem().  Or into stop_curses/start_curses.
> There would be differences between the two choices, especially if there
> are LYSystem() or system() calls that are not preceded by stop_curses().)
>
> Or both?
>
>  ----
>
> Dos anyone have a different analysis or theory?  Do curses standards
> say anything about how the SIGTSTP handler should behave after endwin()?

They're vague - just say that the library could have its own handlers.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden