Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.4

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.4
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:36:20 +0500 (SAMST)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
>
> > > * added support for forcing-empty-HREFless-As - ie A element that doesn't
> > >   contain HREF will be closed after it was seen (without waiting for
> > > </a>) -
> > >   this fixes rendering of documentation, produced by broken translators
> > > that
> >
> > The "broken translators" need fixing.  Adding this kind of "support" only
> > encourages continued "brokenness."  IMO, boycott would be the best medicine.
>
> At least Vlad should have sent a complaint to the authors / maitainers
> of those docs, since it seems he's spending considerable time with them.

 (Don't hurt me :) - I don't spend time with that RH-install guide (but will
spend a lot of time with sybase docs from this week). I mailed to their
(redhat's) documentaion service and stated that 'dlh' translator must be
fixed, presented parts of html code it produces (excerpts from their
RH-install-guide), etc - they didn't answer me.

BTW, guys and girls, may be you know - sybase for linux is absolutely free -
no fee or licence for it if you do VAR development and ship it to your
customers (just don't develop biological, chemical and nuclear weapon with it
and run it only under linux - this licence says).

>    Klaus

 Best regards,
  -Vlad