lynx-dev Alert!: Unable to access document

From: Leonardo Albrizio
Subject: lynx-dev Alert!: Unable to access document
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:26:46 +0200 (CEST)

> That's good, you have proved that lynx is not damaged, but...
>
> > but are always problems with remote hosts!

With 'no_proxy:*' now there are no more problems with remote hosts.

> ...with them, you are saying to NOT proxy, even if one is present.  If your
> system's IP address starts 192.168, 172.(16-31). or 10. then this will
> guarantee you should NEVER see things outside your domain.  (Those are non
> internet addresses.)

I have a little lan at home with pc individually connected with the
internet via dial up line.

> You should also check that the server carrying wwwoffle for you is able to
> see the outside world on its own.  If not, neither will hosts using it as
> proxy, even if doing it correctly!  (This would be routing, not a lynx
> problem nor even necessarily software.  Your netadmin would have to fix
> that before you'd continue with us.)

wwwoffle is on my machine. Routing has no problems.  I've no admin to ask
for :-(

> Somewhere there must be docs for wwwoffle that say what port it proxies
> via.
> If you can find out what you'd have to put in a netscape client, we can
> translate that for you into what you have to tell lynx instead.

Yes, netscape works good with wwwoffle (http and ftp proxies:localhost
port:8080)

> Hope it's making sense so far

> * Heather

Thanks to your emails, now I know :

- a few better lynx
- that I should optimize wwwoffle.conf (I've already changed some settings).
- to have lynx working

Leonardo

la tua email gratuita e per sempre su http://www.freemail.it (anche POP3)