Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx.cfg bloat (was various fixes)

From: Heather
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx.cfg bloat (was various fixes)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:41:18 -0700 (PDT)

> >> does anyone other than us four have thoughts on this subject?
> >
> > Yes. The explanation of configuration options needs to stay with the
> > file where options are set. Otherwise changing the configuration
> > becomes entirely too difficult.
>
> ... unless of course there were a separate application for administering the
> lynx.cfg file with a simple interface (it could even be term-based or
> included within lynx itself).

As a sperate application it would be cool.  As contained solely within lynx,
I think the complainers regarding "bloat" would probably have something valid
to say about that... comments they can strip, or stash on a floppy somewhere.
functions, they can't readily.  And it would take redesign to make the O)ption
menu try to generate lynx.cfg as well as .lynxrc - eek.

* Heather