Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.5

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.5
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:08:35 -0400

I'm cleaning up my old mail ...

At 12:15 AM 7/31/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Re: are we going to add anything that comes along
>
>I think the move towards features that can be configured in or out is
>a good one.  That allows one to tune a compile appropriate.
>
>Re: when do features get removed
>
>I would say when the feature no longer operates, that's the time to remove
>it.  As for gopher - does the code work?  It should stay in if we can
>verify that it works.  As for news - I vote to keep it in.  As for wais -
>has it been removed yet?  I don't recall.  In all these cases, I would
>say if someone comes along and submits patches to make these protocols
>compile time options, that would be great.

Gopher still works on the 2.8.3 dev 5 that I got from Jim Spath's site.  A
Gopher test URL is:
  gopher://marvel.loc.gov

I don't know how much longer it will be kept up, but it is still there.
The University of Minnesota gopher server still exists.  FYI, IE 5 still
understands gopher.  I think it should stay in Lynx a while longer.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com