lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation

From: Patrick Payne
Subject: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 00:24:12 -0700 (PDT)

I am utilizing Lynx to allow another application to browse
the web.

Version: Lynx Version 2.8.1rel.2 (1998)
Platform: Redhat 5.2

My basic requirement is to be able to run Lynx in a command
line mode, capturing the output (either source or
formatted).  I have this working fine, and in conjuction
with the -post_data option I am now able to move thru web
sites fine.  My problem appears to be with sites that
utilize cookies (like yahoo mail).

Here is my command:

lynx -nolist -source -accept_all_cookies
-cookie_file=/tmp/cookie.file http://mail.yahoo.com

While this command works, the cookie does not get written
out to disk (/tmp/cookie.file).  Any attempts to proceed to
the next page fails (yahoo complains of no cookie)

Taking out the -source command and allowing the actual
interactive lynx browser to come up creates the cookie just
fine.   I tried changing to the -dump (from -source) and
the same thing happens.

Is there another switch I have to set???

thanks for any help, and by the way, great product.  I am
currently using lynx (with ssl support) to automate data
entry submissions to a secure web site.  I am hoping to
write a script that will allow me to log into yahoo mail
and automatically download email.

- Patrick Payne (address@hidden)

=====