Re: lynx-dev Bug with "-cfg" flag in lynx 2.8.2

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug with "-cfg" flag in lynx 2.8.2
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:08:25 -0400 (EDT)

991020 Rohan Oberoi wrote:
> I have tested this bug on Solaris 2.5.1 (sparc)
> as well as on Linux 2.2.10 (intel), running tcsh as well as bash.

> <!------ a comment -------->
> Some text
>
> if you run  lynx foo.html ,
> Lynx will correctly display the phrase "Some text".
> However, if you run  lynx -cfg lynx.cfg foo.html ,
                                ^you need  =  here
> Lynx will display a blank screen.
> If you remove the comment line from the HTML,
> both commands will correctly display "Some text".
> I can't really speculate what might cause this bug,
> which I noticed while looking at
>  http://www.salonmagazine.com/21st/feature/1998/05/cov_12feature.html

why do you assume it's a bug (smile)?
you need to read Users Guide or simply enter  k  for a list of key-bindings.

Lynx 2-8-2dev.19 (IRIX 5.3) displays a blank screen with my usual settings,
but if i enter  `  or  '  to change comment parsing, `some text' shows up;
the different settings are designed to handle different documents.

i looked at the Salon site, but didn't see your problem there.