Re: lynx-dev Help with Lynx and Yahoo mail

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Help with Lynx and Yahoo mail
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:53:11 -0700

On or about 21 Oct, 1999, Larry W. Virden
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, the yahoo servers are back up (I couldn't get thru with any
> browser for quite a while today).  Here's a selection from a Lynx.trace
> file when I request to read a mail message:

This is after you've logged in, and have selected a mail message
to read, right?  I understood the original problem to be that he
couldn't even log in...

On or about 20 Oct, 1999, Juan-Carlos Lerman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> -------- Original Message Forwarded --------

        [...]

> I am using Aztec's [the Arizona FreeNet] Lynx version 2.7.2.
>
> I have a problem, please help me.
>
> I log on to the web, I go to www.mail.yahoo.com because I
> have an acount there and I check my mail reguarly, I get to
> the login screen, put in my info and click on the sign in
> link.  I wait a few seconds, thne I end up back at the log in
> screen with this message:
>
> ALERT! ERROR UNCOMPRESSING TEMP FILE

After hitting the "Submit" (or whatever) button on the login
page, and going through a redirection or three, I end up on
<http://f17.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Login?YY=17214>.  That's the main
page for my mail account, and it *is* gzipped, according to the
trace.

So, my amateur guess is that pkerton probably has the same
problem with any "Content-Encoding: gzip" page.

Wiser heads than mine will have to guide you through any further
troubleshooting, but "Try to upgrade to a current version" is
usually a good place to start, right?

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>