Re: lynx-dev something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 10:19:15 +0900 (JST)

> Maybe now you also find the LYNXKEYMAP: page less useless than before?

I didn't mean the page was useless.  I meant the code needed to generate
it is unnecessary, and the middle column which gives the name of the
action used in the code, e.g., ELGOTO, is meaningless (for most people).
Being able to go directly to a concise list of key commands (one-stroke
'K') is very convenient compared to having to go through what has become
a couple of layers of html pages of the help files.  The latter is the
only reason I find the page not to be useless.

Actually, I still am of the opinion that LYNXKEYMAP is a potential source
of confusion for the unwary.  From looking at the advice given from people
on this list to users asking for help, many (most?) users think the 'K'eymap
page and "lynx_help/keystrokes/" files such as "scrolling_help.html" offer
the same information; they don't.  When they differ, a person may be confused.

__Henry