Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:38:13 +0300 (MSK)

15-Dec-99 06:29 T.E.Dickey wrote:
> I've a handful of configuration/porting issues, but would like to make the
> next patch a pre-release.  That would incorporate only bug-fixes...
This up to Klaus (main contributor this days).

> 1999-12-15 (2.8.3dev.17)
> * remove from_source_cache_p parameters in LYMainLoop.c (request by LP) -TD
> * made global from_source_cache PRIVATE to LYMainLoop.c -KW
Uh, from_source_cache now removed entirely from mainloop... not that I
was assuming so far. I will look more closely, but seems it works more
or less without it (possible problems may only happen when using both
source_cache and partial mode ON, not confirmed yet).

> * refresh screen for TRST changes in partial display mode as early as
> possible.
>   This fixes a problem when the table finished below the screen bottom -LP
I will undo this next pass, perhaps.

> * adapt idea by VH as a Perl script cfg-html.pl which generates HTML form of
                                      cfg2html.pl
>   the lynx.cfg documentation -TD

Thanks! Looks really nice and portable (runs on DOS port of perl as well).

Minor tweaks are welcome: add few lines on new syntax in lynx.cfg,
add a call from makefiles (make install-help ?) to install generated
files and add a reference from Users Guide as well as from LYNXCFG:
page. BTW, Vlad change naming conventions (lynxcfg_toc.html and
lynxcfg.html), this could be updated also.