lynx-dev Resolved: Possible Y2K issue with Lynx (fwd)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev Resolved: Possible Y2K issue with Lynx (fwd)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 06:16:26 -0600 (CST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 12:03:22 +0000
From: Jon Anderson <address@hidden>
To: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Possible Y2K issue with Lynx

Thanks for your reply, you've explained exactly what the problem was. I
didn't realise that name/password pairs were invalid under lynx, I use
these in netscape and other href links occasionally.

You hit the nail on the head with the comment about the proxy, we did
remove one proxy from our cache peering although I wasn't actually aware
that this script used the proxy. I guess this must have been doing the
translation.

My assumption on the date was because I know http authorisations
are date related.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jon Anderson