[no subject]

From: Michael Warner
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:47:41 -0800 (PST)

On or about 12 Jan, 2000, Philip Webb
<address@hidden> wrote:

> 000112 Philip Webb wrote:
> > now i have to see if i can get EXTERNAL to work for e-mail URLs.
>
> i recompiled with  --enable-externs  & in  lynx.cfg  added the line
> EXTERNAL:mailto:mutt %s:TRUE
> which does get Mutt to start.
>
> 3 problems:
> (1) there appears to be no way to include the current document
> in the file to be mailed:  %s  is the  mailto: URL
> and a 2nd  %s  causes problems (see 3);

Is there an accessible ${ENVIRONMENT} variable set that could be
used to pass the temp file name of the page?  I didn't see one in
a glance at the User's Guide.

> (2) Mutt (at least) offers as `To:' line `mailto: address@hidden' ;

That's (the whole URL) what Lynx passes on.  Use a wrapper script
to parse out the address and give it to the MUA, along the lines
of, maybe:

        ADD=`echo $1 | cut -f2 -d:`
        ${HOME}/bin/mutt ${ADD}

--