lynx-dev Re: bad link notice

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: bad link notice
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:15:57 -0500

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 11:30:35PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > So all that would really be needed is to remove the one line linking to Al
> > Gilman's FAQs - a common practice on the Web. In my opinion, a visitor to
> > the Lynx Web site should be able to expect its Web page to be updated to
>
> I tend to agree with Dave about keeping links up-to-date.
>
> Al are you listening?  Does someone know Al well enough to contact him?
> His FAQ needs to be preserved.  Rob, do you have enough space on
> http://lynx.browser.org/ to give it a permanent home if Al would like
> that?  Sure would be a shame to lose it.

No, no, no....  I moved all of Al's FAQ data manually into the
FAQ-O-Matic months ago; he even blessed it.  What's happening here is
that there are old links to Al's now-defunct site.  I'm not going to
change the *old* SLCC links that point to the *old* FAQ because there
are many copies of that same Lynx help file that all have the same
link.  I'm interested in updating the latest Lynx help pages to point
to the new site at lynx.isc.org.

Soon www.slcc.edu/lynx will go away as well.  How do you propose fixing
all of the existing pages and bookmarks that go to that site?

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I may just be a menial robot, but I'm far too intelligent to
expect anyone to think of me for a moment.
Far far too intelligent
Far far .......