Re: lynx-dev terminal emulators, SIGWINCH (was: Danish translation)

From: Duncan Simpson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev terminal emulators, SIGWINCH (was: Danish translation)
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 19:10:58 +0000

> On Tue, 9 May 2000, Duncan Simpson wrote:
>
> > My epxerience is the scrolling bogosity has not gone away. If you want a
> > conctere example thatn fails badly, just look to Ms windows termianl
> > emulator---you have to reduce the number of lines by one or the damn thing
> > scrolls and things like emacs, lynx, etc work really badly. vi fials badly
> > too.
>
> Sounds like your lynx is not using a matching terminal description.

If so it is not far off. Eveyrhting works except for MS telent's scrolling
bogosity, which breaks vi (sceen scrolls down 1 line autoamgically when you
enter a command). lynx, emacs, etx suffer the same effect only rather the
effect is worse. Apparently just using the bottom line is sufficient to cause
the bogosity to hit your program.

> > Proper sigwinch handling in lynx wiuld be a reallt nice extra feaure.
>
> Where do you find it lacking?

When i resi\e the window to a narrow widtsh the lines wrap and this causes
incorrect display. If I make the dsiplay wider lynx fails to make use of the
extra width. I think lynx really needs to re-render the page in response to
SIGWINCH.

--
Duncan (-:
"software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard goods is