Re: lynx-dev Tables (once again) and virtual lynx pages

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Tables (once again) and virtual lynx pages
Date: Fri, 12 May 100 15:21:43 -0400 (EDT)

> Re: alternative to horizontal scrolling
>
> I cannot envision any alternative to horizontal scrolling that will result
> in interaction with tables that is satisfying to readers of the table data.

nor I.  It seems that with Klaus' TRST code, the main reason why that doesn't
"always" render simple tables is when they get too wide.  Rendering into
a viewport-style window would allow a simple implementation of left/right
scrolling.

yes, I'm aware that there are complex tables that TRST doesn't address,
but making lynx assume that the screen is much wider would let us think
about that as a separate problem.

--
Thomas E. Dickey  <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com