Re: lynx-dev Emacs + UTF-8 + Lynx

From: Sergei Pokrovsky
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Emacs + UTF-8 + Lynx
Date: 31 May 2000 10:44:37 +0700

  Klaus> On Tue, 30 May 2000, Larry W. Virden wrote:
  >> Sounds like an xterm bug then - it seems unlikely to me that lynx
  >> is 'turning off' the ability of the xterm to copy and paste.

  Klaus> It does 'turn off' the ability to copy and paste with the
  Klaus> (unmodified) mouse buttons, if USE_MOUSE or -use_mouse is in
  Klaus> effect.  You then have to hold the shift key (or perhaps some
  Klaus> other modifier key) down while cutting & pasting.

  Klaus> I don't know how '"Copy" and "Paste" with [a] Sun keyboard'
  Klaus> work, so this may or may not have something to do with it.

Well, Shift-[mouse-1] really does highlight correctly (thanks!); but
pressing the "Copy" key extends the highlight up to the line extremes
(and sometimes a little bit more).  That extra highlight has a
different color than the selection (in fact, it coincides with the
xterm bg which in my case is different from COLOR:0).  Anyway, the
extra text is copied to the clipboard.

OTOH, yanking with mouse-2 works as expected.

--
Sergei