Re: lynx-dev Emacs + UTF-8 + Lynx: from INSIDE emacs???

From: Sergei Pokrovsky
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Emacs + UTF-8 + Lynx: from INSIDE emacs???
Date: 26 May 2000 17:32:07 +0700

  David> Please, what ARE you talking about, running such a program,
  David> eg lynx, from INSIDE emacs?

I want to use Unicode.  It is possible within Emacs -- I use GNU Emacs
20.6.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7, X toolkit).  I do not know how to do it
in a Solaris xterm.

I like running programs within Emacs, and to have one same interface
in all my tools.  E.g. I like Gnus for my mail and news.  But the WWW
browser remains a problem.  Netscape Unicode is worse than Lynx's (on
Unices).  That's why I want to try Lynx + Emacs.  Of course I'd like
some more Emacs-like key-assignments (e.g. BackSpace to be like Lynx's
b, using the same color schemes as Emacs with the ability to switch
among them according to my mood and ambient luminosity etc etc).

--
Sergei