lynx-dev Anyone able to access hotmail.com these days

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Anyone able to access hotmail.com these days
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 01:39:09 -0600

It seems that hotmail.com has been slowly getting less and less
"lynx-friendly" over the past ~6-8 months, or so.

Now, however, I cannot even get to their initial page.  I just get
the following:

 Looking up www.hotmail.com.
 Making HTTP connection to www.hotmail.com.
 Sending HTTP request.
 HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
 HTTP/1.1 302 Redirected
 Data transfer complete

 lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain
       Exiting...

This is with an SSL'ified 2.8.3dev.17 (yes, I need to update).

I suspect javascript is at the root of this problem.

Anyone else able to access their site these days ...?

/kim

PS: It's not critical for me to use hotmail ... I keep half-a-dozen
    or so freebee email accounts around from various places, primarily
    for testing lynx against.