Re: lynx-dev Lynx Support for the bibp: scheme (Bibliographic Protocol)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Support for the bibp: scheme (Bibliographic Protocol)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:04:52 +0900 (JST)

> With that brief introduction, my question is whether our implementation
> of bibp support in lynx would be welcomed and, if so, how should
> we go about it?   The major changes would be to the getfile

As a user, not a developer, I would heartily welcome bibp support, but
would request that an all-or-nothing compile define in line with the
configure options "--disable-finger --disable-gopher" be implemented.
There would have to be a way to turn it off for public-access installations
of lynx, as you mentioned.  Hopefully, there would be little or no need
for fine-tuning controls in lynx.cfg.

__Henry