Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:22:32 -0500

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 06:15:06PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:53:33 -0500
> > >
> > > The xterm is now running with the default window size, but with LINES
> > > and COLUMNS set to the size of the parent lynx window.  Does this
> > > bother anyone else enough that I should try to improve it?
> >
> > probably a good idea - I overlooked subprocesses.  Maybe adding some code
> > to stop_curses() would be the right place.
> >
> I started to experiment with this, but ran into a dead end when I could find
> no C function to undefine an environment variable once it has been defined.
> Is there truly no such function?

some platforms have unsetenv(), which my Linux manpage says is BSD 4.3
(however, not everyone has it - you may end up making your own to
remove an entry from 'environ', or simply rename a variable temporarily,
e.g., "LINES" to "_LYNX" and "COLS" to "LYNX" - ugly but easy).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com