Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:45:20 -0500

020102 Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Philip Webb wrote:
>> re the image bug, i had 1 failure earlier today with 2-8-4dev.19 ,
>> but on restarting Lynx was able to get the image at a 2nd try.
>> it has to be something which varies with Lynx invocations,
>> eg handling a slow or problematic connection (tho' i use broadband)
>> or handling the randomly generated temporary directory/file names.
> I get intermittent problems with remote retrieval from different browsers
> (unless it's repeatable, it's hard to pinpoint lynx as the culprit).

no, it happens with local files too, as i pointed out.
anyway, Lynx shouldn't crash: that's always a bug.

> for the moment, I'm assuming the 'g' problem was introduced
> by the multiline highlighting changes
> which I'd like to get stable before doing much else that's complicated.

ok: i'll assume you're after it & will report progress to lynx-dev.

>> BTW `make install-full' sb mentioned in INSTALLATION.
> ok (install-help is).

yes, but it's a bit confusing, esp for the inexperienced.
all anyone needs to do after testing the newly make'd version
is enter `make install-full': there's no need for 2 steps.