lynx-dev Can't access FTP server

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Can't access FTP server
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:09:49 -0700 (PDT)

I have found a FTP server which I can not access from lynx,
although it works fine from a command-line ftp client. This is
"ftp://ftp.franken.de";, the server containing many of the MingW ports
of GNU programs. I have tried with lynx 2.8.5dev.2 and with
lynx 2.8.3dev.21, from both unix and Cygwin. I am appending portions
of the lynx trace file. Does anyone else have a problem with this
server, or see how to fix it?
                            Doug

    Rx: 220-
Adding message to help cache:

    Rx:     __________________________________________
    Rx:      _______   /    _/  /       /  ______/ ____
    Rx:       _____   /  _/    /_/     /  /      _______
    Rx:        ___   /_/      /  _/   /  /___/ __________
    Rx:      ____   /  _/    /    _/ /  /   ___________
    Rx:    _____  _/    _/ _/      _/ _/ ____________
Kommunikationsnetz
    Rx:  __________________________________________                    Franken
e.V.
    Rx:
    Rx:
    Rx:  Willkommen auf dem FTP-Server des KommunikationsNetz Franken e.V.
    Rx:
    Rx:
    Rx:  Bei Problemen mit der Benutzung dieses Server bitte Mail an:
    Rx:
    Rx:      address@hidden
    Rx:
    Rx:  Viel Spass !
    Rx: 220 ProFTPD 1.2.5rc1 Server (KNF ftp Server) [ilsa.franken.de]
  Tx: USER anonymous
    Rx: 331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your
password.
  Tx: PASS address@hidden
    Rx: 230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
HTFTP: Logged in.
  Tx: SYST
    Rx: 215 UNIX Type: L8
HTFTP: Treating as Unix server.
HTFTP: Opened master socket number 5

    Rx: 200 PORT command successful.
HTFTP: Port defined.
HTParse: aName:`ftp://ftp.franken.de/'
   relatedName:`'
HTParse: (ABS)
HTParse:      result:/
HTFTP: UnEscaped /
  Tx: RETR /
    Rx: 550 /: Not a regular file
  Tx: CWD /
    Rx: 250 CWD command successful.
  Tx: LIST
    Rx: 425 Can't build data connection: Connection refused
HTAccess:  status=-4
Can't Access `ftp://ftp.franken.de/'
HTAccess: Can't access `ftp://ftp.franken.de/'

Alert!: Unable to access document.

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden