Re: lynx-dev Can't access FTP server

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Can't access FTP server
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 22:31:52 -0400

At 09:09 PM 2002-05-23, you wrote:
>I have found a FTP server which I can not access from lynx,
>although it works fine from a command-line ftp client. This is
>"ftp://ftp.franken.de";, the server containing many of the MingW ports
>of GNU programs. I have tried with lynx 2.8.5dev.2 and with
>lynx 2.8.3dev.21, from both unix and Cygwin. I am appending portions
>of the lynx trace file. Does anyone else have a problem with this
>server, or see how to fix it?
>                            Doug

I get similar problems with command line ftp from Win98SE.

I don't claim to know what I am doing.

Do you have external means to trace what the FTP client is actually doing?

Like the tool Martin referred to?

Al

ftp> open ftp.franken.de
Already connected to ilsa.franken.de, use disconnect first.
ftp> LIST
Invalid command.
ftp> ls
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
ftp> USER anonymous
331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your password.
Password:
230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
ftp> LIST
Invalid command.
ftp> ls
425 Can't build data connection: Connection refused
ftp> cwd
Invalid command.
ftp> dir