lynx-dev Re: Errors installing lynx2.85dev.8

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Errors installing lynx2.85dev.8
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:48:26 -0400

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 08:28:48PM +0100, J.Wood wrote:
>      Hello ,
>             I tried to install 'lynx2.85dev.8   on my College SGI5 (IRIX  6.5
>  IP22 ) .
>             All I did was change the compiler to 'cc' .
>                     Regards ,
>                    Jim Wood
>              Here are the'final' comments during 'make'  :
>
> "/usr/include/sys/types.h", line 115: warning(1349): declaration requires a
>         typedef name  typedef       unsigned long   mode_t;         /* file
> attrs */
>
> "/usr/include/sys/types.h", line 120: warning(1349): declaration requires a
>          typedef name
>   typedef long          pid_t;          /* proc & grp IDs  */
>
> Linking and creating Lynx executable
>         cc  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\"  -I.
> -I..  -Ichrtrans  -I./chrtrans  -I..
>   -I../src  -I../WWW/Library/Implementation      -o lynx  LYClean.o
> LYShowInfo.o LYEdit.o LYStrings.o LYMail.o
> HTAlert.o GridText.o LYGetFile.o LYMain.o LYMainLoop.o  LYCurses.o
> LYBookmark.o LYUtils.o LYOptions.o  LYReadCFG
> TInit.o DefaultStyle.o LYUpload.o  LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o LYList.o
> LYCgi.o  LYTraversal.o LYEditmap.o LYCha
> rSets.o LYCharUtils.o  LYMap.o LYCookie.o LYStyle.o LYHash.o LYPrettySrc.o
> TRSTable.o UCdomap.o UCAux.o UCAuto.
> o  LYLocal.o ../WWW/Library/Implementation/libwww.a  -lcurses
> ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "mbrtowc" -- 1st referenced by
> LYCurses.o.
>         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos
> are loaded.
> ld32: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
> *** Error code 2 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

Jim:

  I'm sending this to the Lynx developers list. You should subscribe,
and send messages there, to get the best help on this kind of issue.

  My guess would be the SGI curses library is broken. The configure
script is designed to work around problems like this.

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: