lynx-dev Need help feeding lynx a cookie

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Need help feeding lynx a cookie
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 05:56:05 -0400 (EDT)

I'm looking for some help on how to go about updating my lynx configuration
so that it recognizes http://mail.yahoo.com/ cookies.

This has been an ongoing battle.  Yahoo changes their cookies every
6 months to a year.  Each time, they create even more broken cookies,
and then I struggle to figure out how to update my lynx configuration
so that the new cookies are recognized.

My current .lynxrc file says:

cookie_accept_domains=.yahoo.com,.hotmail.com,.tripod.com,.passport.com,.msn.com
cookie_loose_invalid_domains=.remarq.com,.groups.yahoo.com,.us.f19.mail.yahoo.com,.f19.mail.yahoo.com,.mail.yahoo.com,.yahoo.com
cookie_query_invalid_domains=.mail.yahoo.com,.groups.yahoo.com,.yahoo.com

When I visit mail.yahoo.com, I see one remaining cookie prompt:

Accept invalid cookie domain=.mail.yahoo.com for 'us.f91.mail.yahoo.com'? (n)

Lynx is eating the remaining cookies.

I am at a loss at what I need to give lynx.  Can someone teach me how
to use the -trace output, or whatever other tools lynx provides, so that
I can tell lynx not to ask for this cookie?  Thank you!
--
Tcl'2002 Sept 16, 2002, Vancouver, BC http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2002/
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>