lynx-dev my lynx is now happily eating yahoo's cookies

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev my lynx is now happily eating yahoo's cookies
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:02:16 -0400 (EDT)

Well, after going off line, doing some digging, TD discovered that
what was happening was that a very old line in my lynxrc file was
causing the yahoo mail site to ask for the cookie.  I had a
cookie_query_invalid_domains set - I had thought that had to be set
with domains which offered invalid cookies.  However, apparently
what was happening was that it was marking the domain invalid after
it had been told to treat the domain as loose and to accept the domains.
With the current state of cookie management in lynx, this caused lynx
to return to asking for cookies from yahoo.

By deleting the domain from that entry, lynx now accepts all of the
cookies from mail.yahoo.com .

Thanks TD!
--
Tcl'2002 Sept 16, 2002, Vancouver, BC http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2002/