lynx-dev Re: [BUG] Editing in unicode

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [BUG] Editing in unicode
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:15:45 -0700

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 09:13:39AM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> In utf-8 terminal, press /, then enter several 8-bit characters.  Now
> press Left, then enter a.
>
> One gets a corrupted display.

Is it possible to use Lynx with utf-8 displays *at all*?  I go to
google, customize it to use Russian; reload the search page to get the
new display.

Now select any word in xterm, and try to paste it into the search
field.  I get junk [empty squares].  [Something different (?!!!)
happens if I try to paste a word shown by lynx in a different page: I
get ######## instead of empty squares.]

Ilya

P.S.  Should tables work with utf-8 output?  I see that they do not
      work well with my patches applied; but I suspect that they did
      not work well before this too.