Re: lynx-dev Window size (on XP) and color(on linux)

From: patakuti
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Window size (on XP) and color(on linux)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:51:39 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:04:41PM +0530, Dhiraj Gaurh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  I just started using lynx yesterday. I have the following questions :-
> > 1.  Is there a way to resize lynx(2.8.3rel1) window on a win XP machine.  It
> > is really small and I want it to be bigger ?
>
> in win32, lynx doesn't have code to resize the window, but it
> does use the window size that it starts in.

I have a patch (*1) to resize window for Win32.
You can resize it by
    -scrsize command line option (ex: -scrsize=80,35)
or
    SCREEN_SIZE option in lynx.cfg (ex: SCREEN_SIZE:80,35).

It requires PDCureses 2.5 (2.4 or higher may be OK, but not tested)
and may require a patch (*2).

    (*1) http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/tmp/lynx/lynx2-8-5.patch.resize
    (*2) http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/tmp/lynx/PDCurses-2.5.patch.resize

I also put a binary which I compiled with above patches.
    http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/tmp/lynx/lynx_resize.exe.gz

I know we can resize cmd.com window by it's property menu on NT
family, but using above binary we can resize Lynx's window by command
line option and lynx.cfg setting on not only NT family but also
Win95/98.
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden