Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese letters vanish sometimes

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese letters vanish sometimes
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:37:40 +0900

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 02:20:15PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Dixitur illum netb|at|yuba|dot|kcn|dot|ne|dot|jp scribere...
>
> >It doesn't have to be Japanese either.  If I push ^L, then the lines will
> >fill in.  Very weird.
>
> Similar behaviour here: uxterm, ssfe, sirc (chat programme) or uxterm
> and lynx with display mode utf-8. ^L helps displaying.

Thanks for replying; it helps narrow down the possibilities.  Guess what I
need to do is build a regular ncurses library and compare nvi built with
that with the one built with wide.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999