Re: [Lynx-dev] can Lynx be used today ?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] can Lynx be used today ?
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 23:02:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Edwin Davidson wrote:

> Can a text-based web browser like Lynx really be used in 2004 with web
> sites powered by Javascript, XML, ASP and the like ?  A local freenet that
> I have an account with (and have had for 9 years) uses Lynx as it's web
> browser and I do like it but Lynx doesn't run all web sites that I try to
> hit with it.

I use lynx as my preferred browser, and only use a graphical browser
when I need pictorial information or when javascript needs to be used.
There are a few sites that are very unfriendly to lynx, but the vast
majority of sites that I go to work fine with it. Occasionally you need
to look at the source to see where links really are. Which sites in
particular seem to give you trouble with lynx?
                             Doug

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden