Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx "eats" a lot of RAM in few seconds!

From: Lloyd Rasmussen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx "eats" a lot of RAM in few seconds!
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:02:06 -0400

I didn't run Tidy on it.  But I tried it in Windows 98 using Lynx
2.8.4 pre 5, as well as with IE 6 and the Window-Eyes screen reader.
IE happily and quickly loaded it.  Lynx seems to have loaded all of
it, but created a large swap file in the process.  It didn't make
much difference whether tag soup parsing was on or off.

I saw lots of <p>'s badly nested with <div>'s.  And is ISO-8859-15
really the correct charset for a document in Spanish?  The statement
"Valid HTML 4" appears near the end of the file, but I find it hard
to believe that the WV processor attempted to validate at all.