Re: [Lynx-dev] MORE real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] MORE real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:32:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:

> I kept the old 2.8.5rel.1 binary.  There are subtle differences in
> the link highlighting with it (correct) and 2.8.6dev.7 (error(s)).
> In this test, both were compiled with slang.
>
> For example, go to http://jp.fujitsu.com/ and navigate to the 17th
> link.  In 2.8.6dev.7 there is one extra highlighted space added to
> the right side of the link (below V):  V
>      [17]THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE

On my terminal, the cursor occupies the space after "INFINITE" (testing
with slang).  You may be seeing the cursor - some programs rely upon this
to make highlighting of rectangles work properly.

> With 2.8.5rel.1, only "THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE" is highlighted,
> no extra space.
>
> This happens with any page I've visited, Japanese or otherwise.  Try,
> for example, link 6 on http://www.ibm.com/us/.  Lynx2.8.6dev.7 clearly

Still the cursor (on my terminal).  On this page the 2.8.4 version has
some odd behavior for the first link; otherwise I don't see anything
unusual.

> highlights one extra character cell on the right.  With other links,
> you'll see that it is not always a space that is highlighted.
>
> In my tests, I'll have one binary running in one screen window and the
> other in another.  They share the same environment variables, lynx.cfg
> and .lynxrc.

I'll do some testing with the settings you listed.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net