Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and character set

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and character set
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 05:20:19 -0400

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 08:19:56AM +0200, Klaus-Peter Wegge wrote:
> quick remark: when setting lynx to utf8, current versions packaged with
> debian or ubuntu have problems in form fields and text entry fields.
> As soon as an UTF8 character is used, the cursor is positioned one
> position to far to the right.

That sounds like one or more of the reports in Debian which were closed
last year due to the reporter not being able to reproduce the problem
after an upgrade.

> And it is getting funny when trying to correct a text field with
> UTF8 characters by using backspace or left/right arrow.
> May be, the calculation of the cursor position does not care of the
> fact, that some two byte characters are presented as one character on
> the screen.

not usually for forms, but 2-cell characters are a problem,
when splitting long lines.

I'm not aware of any issues with single-cell characters.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net