Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and https,

From: russellbell
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and https,
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:48:02 -0600

        David Woolley: 'I think the difference is that, in your case,
the request http receives a redirect to the https URI, but with HSTS,
the http request would never be made and the browser would start with
https.'
        Does that mean the browser never tries to access port 80?
This would make no sense.  I suppose it would make sense if the
browser queried the target domain first, but what difference would
that make?  What's the difference between a browser trying to access
port 80 but being redirected to port 443 and the browser asking the
target domain if it serves port 80?