Re: [Lynx-dev] Ž rendered as cedilla

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Ž rendered as cedilla
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:39:03 +0000

On 12/12/17 14:53, address@hidden wrote:
out as z; how can I get Zcaron to come out as Z ?  This is the first

On further investigation, Ž doesn't exist in the HTML standards, which probably means it was an Internet Explorer special, mapping onto Windows 1252 code points which are not in the HTML character set.

Re: your email, I checked the character sets. Your body is ASCII, and so cannot display any accented characters at all. Your original subject appears to be in a 8 bit code, which is invalid for email. 8 bit subjects need to be coded with quoted printable or base64 and have an explicit character set, because the character set is not known until all the headers have been processed.

The character that I think you are referring to is Ž (U+017d).