Re: secondary expansion changes

From: Boris Kolpackov
Subject: Re: secondary expansion changes
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:10:37 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul D. Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> > > But, instructions on how to build your environment are welcome as well;
> > > it seems like a worthy test case to be added to my environment.
> >
> > Ok, I will work on this. Which GNU/Linux distribution are you using?
>
> I have both Ubuntu and Red Hat.  I'm pretty good at working out the
> details, though :-)

Ok, I have prepared the latest snapshot which is what I have been
testing:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/xsd-3.3.0.a6+dep.tar.bz2

There is the README file inside with instructions, but in a nutshell,
you will need to install the Xerces-C++ as well as Boost regex and
filesystem libraries. The easiest way would be to grab .deb/.rpm
packages of these. For example, on Ubuntu you can try Debian unstable
(that's what I am using) or Ubuntu's own repository. You will need both
the library proper and the -dev packages.

After that cd to xsd-3.3.0.a6+dep/xsd/xsd/ (i.e., one level deeper
than top-level) and run make. The first time you run it you may get
some errors scrolling by but the build should still succeed. After
that you can re-run make to check up-to-dateness (that's where it
munches through 3GB of memory ;-)) or make clean and then make to
rebuild everything.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools  http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog
Open-source XML data binding for C++:  http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd