Re: make ChangeLog dep.h filedef.h read.c remake.c ...

From: Boris Kolpackov
Subject: Re: make ChangeLog dep.h filedef.h read.c remake.c ...
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:51:05 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul D. Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> Nice!  I'll take a look at this but it seems good.  My only concern is
> whether we've added enough regression tests to the suite to cover all
> the issues raised by those four bugs.

All four bugs were variants of the "dependency failed to update while
rebuilding -include'ed makefile while another, real, target depended
on it but make didn't issue any or issued bogus diagnostics". I only
could think of three tests for this.

> So, the question becomes: do you think we're ready for rc1 tomorrow?  Or
> are there more things to do such that we should hold off?

I would really like to do some profiling. Plus take a look at #25780 and
#25140. So maybe wait another week?

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools  http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog