[Monotone-devel] Re: bug reports / first impression

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: bug reports / first impression
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:47:18 -0400

Derek Scherger wrote:

1. I've applied the changes from MT/work to the manifest being checked so that files that have been added and then dissappear are considered as missing and files that have been dropped and have dissappeared are not considered as missing.

nice catch; added these changes.

2. I'm listing version id's for missing files thinking that it might be useful for revert or monotone cat file id > missing to get a file back.

not doing this, because I want it to be usable as input to xargs. eg. monotone ls missing | xargs monotone revert.

On the "list" front, I've also been wondering whether "heads" should be "list heads" too.

haven't added this one; not fundamentally opposed, but in general I'm thinking of *reducing* the chatter in command names, not expanding it. eg. considering changing "monotone ls missing" to just "monotone missing".

you'll also notice I've committed changes which remove the (file|manifest) arguments in all but one place (cat), since I'm phasing out file certs, most places it used to be necessary were cert related, so it's no longer needed. nobody seems to use file certs, and it just complicates matters. fewer ideas to explain == better.

-graydon