[Monotone-devel] Re: bug reports / first impression

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: bug reports / first impression
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:09:18 -0400

Nico -telmich- Schottelius wrote:

build:
- name only the -dev packages -> others follow automaticly
- libboost-1.30 is outdated -> don't even name it (see above)
- announce libboost-filesystem-dev

I've fixed these in my development INSTALL file and updated the website

- followed http://www.venge.net/monotone/docs/Getting-Started.html and got
--------------------
scice% monotone commit 'initial addition of files'
monotone: committing fb99b0ea87058d779004806642e28578f275310d
monotone: committing to branch main
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden : monotone: misuse: no default author name for branch 'main'
--------------------
why not name the lua function to return the user there?

fixed this in my development version. see the power of repeatedly pointing out the same bug? that's been on the todo list for months :)

- on http://www.venge.net/monotone/self-hosting.html:
  Bad linebreaks: You cannot see whether it's still a command or
  if it is part of the output.

I've updated this page; it should be more clear now (if you have a CSS-enabled browser). I also changed the content a bit to be more interesting stuff, and corrected some output format drift.

use: - only once asked for a password at genkey!

I believe you're working on that now..

**** error return code: 1
******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********

these have been permanently removed from my development (post 0.12) version; I didn't write them in the first place (they were in boost) and I've just worked around dependency on that file altogether.

- another nice message (at 'pull):
[too much information (fd 7) and not very good readable]

I'll have a look at rephrasing these; I think the netsync UI chatter is not terribly informative at the moment. I've entered a bug (#8551) on the matter.

thanks the the (voluminous) feedback; let me know if there are more ways it surprises / misbehaves.

-graydon