Re: [Monotone-devel] testsuite failed

From: Wojciech Miłkowski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] testsuite failed
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:06:37 +0100

Zack Weinberg wrote:

Just to reemphasize that, there have been many occasions where I've
seriously considered making GCC bomb out if run as root.

I think it's nothing related to GCC ;). Yeah, I know that badly written Makefiles could make a mess in the system running as root, but in case we use it, it is harmless. We run make process in portage sandbox, which prevents writing outside building directory. There's also option to build as normal user, but it's just an option. We must consider all possibilities, and it should work in all cases.

Wojtek

Najlepsze auto, najlepsze moto... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1841