Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone with argp

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone with argp
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:01:13 -0800

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 05:52:53AM +1000, Badai Aqrandista wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to implement monotone with argp as an exercise for my c++
> muscle. For now, I'm just trying to get monotone to work as it did with
> popt. I'd like some suggestions for the patch because I've never code c++
> for real application before.

Looks sensible to me on a quick skim.

Does it do error checking?  (Like if there are misspelled options and
the like?)  I see the Popt version of that code being removed, and
nothing replacing it, but perhaps argp does that on its own?

And, well, does it work?  If your version passes the test suite ('make
check'), then you can be pretty sure it does...

- Don't let your informants burn anything.
- Don't grow old.
- Be good grad students.
  -- advice of Murray B. Emeneau on the occasion of his 100th birthday