Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone with argp

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone with argp
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:04:36 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Badai Aqrandista wrote:
i am planning to add sub command argument to monotone with argp... my first target will be --message because it is specific only to 'commit' command... any thoughts?

I think that --message might also reasonably apply to the comment command and I'm not sure what to do with that. It seems like we perhaps have a set of available options, some subset of which applies to each command. I'm sure that some options really will be specific to exactly one command though (-ubw type options for diff for example).

Another thing that I bump into occasionally is wanting some control over the amount of output from various commands. It would be nice to be able to enable/disable the display of affected files by the log command for example and it would also be nice to be able to enable/disable display of revision diffs with log as well.

Something like 'monotone log --with-files --with-diffs' for example.

Cheers,
Derek