Re: [Monotone-devel] Vendor branch tricks & SVN mirroring

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Vendor branch tricks & SVN mirroring
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:45:24 -0700

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 06:24:58PM -0400, Eric Kidd wrote:
> Since monotone doesn't handle directory moves as gracefully as it
> could, this strategy only works if the 'bar' directory appears in the
> same place in both the vendor branch and the head branch.

Not sure what you mean; monotone does handle directory moves
gracefully, as far as I know.

Unless you mean that it doesn't handle renaming the root directory,
which can be very handy in cases like this (you want the root
directory of one project to be some subdirectory in another project).
We'll think about it once we get some of the current messes
straightened out :-).

  /* Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
   * reaper of innocent orphaned children.
   */
-- Linux kernel 2.4.5, main.c