Re: [Monotone-devel] Patches to improve performance and memory usage: Di

From: Eric Anderson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Patches to improve performance and memory usage: Discussion
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 01:23:23 -0700

Eric Anderson writes:
 > I'm going to take a look at the cases where memory usage
 > got worse a bit later to figure out what happened.

This was easier than I expected.  Patch is attached.  Passes all unit
and integration tests, as did all of the other patches when applied in
order (and accounting output is disabled).

 >   checkout: Speedup 1.2x-1.9x, memory 1.47x worse - 1.23x better

With patch: Memory 1.05x worse 1.33x better

The other case where it was worse was pulling a 100MB all zero file,
which was a 1.25x increase in memory usage, the other tests were
either similar or up to 1.6x better.
        -Eric