Re: [Monotone-devel] Debian package enhancements

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Debian package enhancements
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:55:12 -0400

So can we start a branch on venge.net? And maybe eventually get it merged in tree?

Tomas Fasth wrote:

Matthew A. Nicholson skrev:

Tomas Fasth wrote:

Does it sound sane? If it does, we can move forward right away.

Hmmm... monotone-server package...  Depends on the client, and install
the stuff for the server.  That sounds ok, although it could just as
well go in the same package.  But I guess that could work.

The thing is, not everyone need a daemonized monotone, so I thought
better create a separate network service package that depend on the
monotone package and what else is needed to provide the service.

What would be very useful is a --log option for monotone to specify a
file to place output in rather than the console. That way using my
current scripts you could get log output and start-stop-daemon would let
you know if monotone crashed on startup.

By using runit we can get standard output log handling for free.